744 Forum

Precision Simulator and so on

control loading using BFF items

Page: 1

Author Post
As we know PSX is a stand alone environment and we use whatever we want for the out the window view..

For those of us that are using full size decks with all the control items in place most are using a spring based system with pulleys that allow us to have controls linked that work.. the drawback to this is that we get no dynamic force feed back for less than 375k or unless we can purchase from a used certified simulator again for substantial sums of money

Have given this some thought and I think that control loading is going to be the way of the future and that motion will become a side issue for next generation simulators thus

looking at BFF http://bffsimulation.com/BFF-FFB-System.php this is really quite a clever system and removes the needs for pots and is primarly a 12v system etc.. and for the value (costs) is simply outstanding in my view which leads me into my question

"Do PSX and BFF talk to each other"? If they do not talk to each other what is required for them to do so?

thanks
Same as for motion: a program, running somewhere, that bridges the PSX network (all variables you need are present, as PSX has been explicitly designed to allow full hardware flight decks, everything included) with the external hardware.

You need to dig out the specs of the external hardware interface, and then design the bridge. It typically is a lot of work but not outright impossible or black art, exactly because PSX expects you to need these variables.

In some cases, you can convince the hardware vendor to support PSX, exactly because it is so easy to do.

Hoppie
thanks Hoppie

I understand that answer fully.. it is too much hard work if one does not have the skill set...so ask BFF to support PSX like he does XPlane MSFX and other flight platforms :-) seems easy enough ..So all is not lost :-) in terms of reasonable control loading at a reasonable price point

Page: 1

744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software